To build an overview report, you assemble summary cards that are defined in detail reports. Learn how to create new summary cards.
You can set any overview report to be the "Reports snapshot".
You need the Editor role on the property to customize overview reports and the "Reports snapshot". Each property can have up to 200 custom reports.
Access the report builder
Click Customize report  in the upper-right corner of any report OR
- In the left navigation, click Library (at the bottom of the left navigation).
- Scroll down to the Reports table.
- Click +Create new report and select "Create overview report"
Hover your mouse over an overview report in the table and click More .Overview reports have the Type (second column in the table) "Overview report".
- Click one of the options in the drop-down menu
- Edit to edit the original report
- Make a copy to preserve the original report and open a copy for editing
- Rename to rename the report and provide a report description
- Set as Reports snapshot to set the report as the Reports snapshot
- Delete to delete the report from the library
Clicking Edit or Make a copy causes the report builder to appear.
Customize the report
The report builder for an overview report has two sections: Cards and Report Template.
Once you have finished making changes, click Save. An alert will appear notifying you which collections contain the report that you are modifying.
In order for a card to be available, it must have been defined in a detail report.
- Drag cards  to change the order in which the cards will appear in the report.
- Click the "x"  to remove a card from the report.
- Click +Add Cards to add a card to the report.
If the detail report is part of a collection, you can find the card in the Summary Cards tab.
If the detail report is not part of a collection, you can find the card in the Other Cards tab.
Customize or set the "Reports snapshot"
You can set any overview report as the "Reports snapshot", as described above. You can also navigate to the "Reports snapshot" and customize it using the report builder.
- In the left navigation, click Reports.
- In the "Reports snapshot", click Customize report  in the upper-right corner.
Linked objects (e.g. linked collections) receive updates from Google. For example, if Google adds a card to the Acquisition overview report, the card will automatically be added to all linked Acquisition overview reports.
Changes that you (or another administrator on the property) have made will not be impacted. For example, cards that you (or another property admin) have added or removed aren't impacted.
If you don't want a report to receive updates, you can unlink it.