Add a new view
Create a new view for an existing property in your account.
A view is the level in a Google Analytics Account where you can access reports and analysis tools. Learn more about views.
Create a view
- Sign in to your Google Analytics Account. Click Admin in the menu bar at the top of any page.
- From the Account and Property columns, use the drop-down menus to select the account and property that you want to add the reporting view to.
- In the View column, click the drop-down menu. Click Create new view.
- Select either Web Site or App. See what the difference is.
Enter a Name.
Use a specific and descriptive name, so you can easily tell what data is in this view when you see the name in the Account list.
Select the Reporting Time Zone.
If your Analytics account is linked to a Google AdWords account, the time zone is automatically set to your AdWords preference, and you won’t see this option.Click + to see more about how the Reporting Time Zone setting works.
- The time zone setting only affects how data appears in your reports and not how you collect data. For example, if you choose United States, Pacific Time, then the beginning and end of each day is calculated based on Pacific Time, regardless of whether sessions originate in New York, London or Moscow.
- Changing your time zone affects data going forward, and is not applied retroactively. You might notice a flat spot or a spike in your report data if you update your time setting after you’ve already been using this property. Your reports might also refer to the old time zone for a short period after you have updated this setting.
- (For User ID enabled Properties only) Click the toggle ON to create a User ID view. For a standard reporting view, leave the toggle set to OFF.
- Click Create View.
After you create a view, you can come back to the Admin page and edit the view settings.