Set up Ecommerce tracking
Ecommerce tracking is available for both web and app properties but must first be enabled at the view level.
A qualified developer should then complete additional technical set up following the detailed instructions in the Developer Guide for your specific environment (see below).
No Ecommerce data appears in your reports until you set up Ecommerce tracking.
Enable Ecommerce tracking
- Click Admin from the menu bar at the top of any screen in Analytics.
- Use the drop down menus to select the Account, Property, and View.
- Click View Settings.
- In the Ecommerce Settings section, click the toggle so it says ON
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Additional considerations for web properties
Before you set Ecommerce Tracking for a web property, first determine if you also need cross-domain tracking.
If you use a third-party shopping cart, or track transactions across separate domains, follow the instructions on Cross-domain tracking before modifying the tracking code for setting up Ecommerce transactions. If your shopping cart software and Ecommerce site are on the same domain, you do not need cross-domain tracking.
Add the Ecommerce tracking code
For details on how to set up Ecommerce tracking, follow the instructions in the Developer Guide for your specific environment:
- Website tracking: Universal Analytics (analytics.js) or classic Google Analytics (ga.js)
You must use the same method as your collection snippet.
- Mobile app tracking: Android apps or iOS apps