Social casino games beta program
About the beta
As part of a limited beta, AdWords is supporting ads for social casino games. We invite eligible AdWords advertisers who want to advertise sites and apps in approved countries to apply to participate in the beta.
"Social casino games" are simulated gambling games where there is no opportunity to win anything of value (such as money or prizes). Some examples include poker, slots, bingo, lotteries, sports betting, betting on races, and other card games and casino games.
As part of this beta, ads can show in the following countries:
Asia: Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Rest of the world: Australia, Austria, Canada, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
Due to differences in legal and technical requirements, a single account can’t target both Asian and non-Asian countries. If advertisers wish to target both groups of countries, they will need to create a separate account for each group.
Here are the eligibility requirements for the beta:
- You are the operator (or an agency representing the operator) of such social casino games (aggregators and affiliates will not be accepted).
- You are an existing AdWords, AdMob, AdSense, or Play customer with at least 6 months of good history of complying with our policies (advertisers with previous policy violations may not be accepted).
If you meet the eligibility requirements, all sites and apps that you wish to promote as part of the beta must meet the additional requirements below.
Advertisers who meet the eligibility requirements must comply with these additional requirements:
- Ads, sites, or apps must not contain or link to any destination offering gambling or games where money or other items of value are paid or wagered in exchange for the opportunity to win real money or prizes based on the outcome of the game. This includes gambling-related advertisements that appear on your social casino games site or app.
- Sites and apps must be clearly distinguishable from any "real money gambling" that your business may offer on another domain.
- Clearly and prominently inform users of the following:
- The games are intended for an adult audience.
- The games do not offer "real money gambling" or an opportunity to win real money or prizes.
- Practice or success at social casino gaming does not imply future success at "real money gambling."
- Advertisers must hold a valid local license for distribution of their games in the targeted countries, where applicable.
- For ads targeting Asian countries: Ads, sites, or apps can’t use real money gambling logos, names, or marks
Apply to the beta
If your business meets all the eligibility and additional requirements above, you can apply to participate in the beta.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for the processing of your application. Given the limited nature of this beta program, we may not be able to include all advertisers who apply, even if they satisfy the eligibility requirements. You’ll receive the results of your application request through the email address you entered on your application.
Register your interest
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements but would like to register your interest in promoting social casino games with AdWords in the future, please fill out this interest form.
Why wasn't my application accepted?
Your application may be rejected for a number of reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- Your business does not meet the eligibility requirements
- Your site or app doesn't meet the requirements
- Your site or app is not in one of the available languages
Given the limited nature of this beta program, we may not be able to include all advertisers who apply, even if they satisfy the eligibility requirements.
Which platforms can my ads show on?
Ads can show across search and publisher platforms, including AdWords Search and Display Networks, YouTube, and AdMob.
Which languages can I advertise in?
Ads, sites, and apps may be in any of our AdWords-supported languages.
Can I use remarketing?
No. The use of interest-based advertising is not allowed in the social casino games beta.
Why can I advertise to adults only?
We have decided that social casino games should not appeal to minors. However, we review our policies regularly and make changes to keep them current and effective. Our goal is to have policies that are fair, consistent, and adaptable.
When can I upload ads to my account?
Ads for social casino games will be disapproved if they are uploaded to your account before the beta is live or before you're notified that your account has been certified. For this reason, we ask that you do not upload ads for social casino games to your account until this time. If you want to prepare your campaigns in advance, consider using AdWords Editor. Note that if your account and associated URL are approved to promote social casino games, the targeting restrictions that apply to this beta will be applied to all ads in that account.
Will I be notified when the beta is live?
Yes, you'll receive an email confirming when you can begin running ads for social casino games.
How long will the beta last?
The beta is expected to run for several months. We'll try to give all participating advertisers in good standing at least two weeks' notice before the beta ends.
Can I use my existing AdWords account to promote social casino games?
Yes, unless the existing account is used to advertise gambling games where real money or prizes can be won. If you are already certified to promote online gambling games, you should set up a new account to promote social casino games. Note that if your account and associated URL are approved to promote social casino games, the targeting restrictions that apply to this beta will be applied to all ads in that account that point to the approved URL.
How can I tell which region my account is certified for?
After your application is processed, we’ll notify you of the result of the application review. If your application is accepted, the email will indicate if you can use this account to advertise in Asia or the Rest of the world.