Remove your ad
How to remove an ad
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose “previous” below. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Navigate to the Ads tab.
- Select the checkbox next to the ad that you want to remove.
- At the top of the ad statistics table, click the Edit drop-down menu.
- Select the Remove status in the drop-down menu to remove your ad.
Keep in mind
Once your ad is removed, you won't be able to recover it. However, you can still review the performance of your removed ad by selecting All ads from the All but removed ads drop-down menu that's above your graph.
How to remove multiple ads
If you want to make changes to multiple campaigns, ads, ad groups, and more in bulk, you might want to use bulk uploads or AdWords Editor. With either product, you can download a spreadsheet, make changes offline, then upload the changes to your account.
- Are you considering removing poorly performing ads? Follow our recommendations to make high-quality, relevant ads that will perform better and get you results.
- Try pausing your ads rather than removing them. You can pause an ad and create a new one to experiment with different ad text, and compare how well your paused ads perform with your new ads.