Illegal drugs and psychoactive substances
What's the policy?
Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of illegal drugs, legal or synthetic highs, herbal drugs, chemicals and compounds with psychoactive effects, drug paraphernalia, or aids to pass drug tests. Our policy on drugs covers products that are illegal, as well as some products that may be legal in some countries.
We've created this policy due to the many legal regulations that exist around the sale and use of these products and to ensure a positive user experience.
How does this policy differ from country to country?
|Accessories that reference drugs||Not allowed||In China, Google doesn't allow the promotion of accessories that reference drugs, such as t-shirts, posters, mugs, etc.|
|Drugs||Not allowed||Google doesn't allow substances that can alter the function of the brain to induce unnatural euphoria, or alter reality, such as marijuana, cocaine, magic mushrooms, herbal ecstasy, etc.|
|Drug paraphernalia||Not allowed||Google doesn't allow accessories associated with drug use, such as water pipes, bongs, and vaporizers.|
|Aids to pass drug tests||Not allowed||Google doesn't allow aids to pass drug tests, such as drug test cleansing.|
|Products made from hemp||Allowed with limitations||Google allows the promotion of products made from hemp, such as bags, rope, food, etc. However, these products will be given a non-family safe status.|
|Accessories that reference drugs|| Allowed*
* Country-specific restrictions apply. See the section above.
|Google allows the promotion of accessories that reference drugs, such as t-shirts, posters, mugs, etc.|
|Vaporizers as an aromatherapy device||Allowed||Google allows the promotion of vaporizers when promoted as a humidifier or as an aromatherapy device to relieve respiratory symptoms.|
What can I do if my ad gets disapproved?
If your ad gets disapproved for violating this policy, try reviewing the following tips to help resolve your issue:
|Disapproval reason||What does it mean?||What do I do now?|
|Drugs and drug paraphernalia||Your ad or website is promoting drugs or drug paraphernalia (accessories).||Remove all references to drugs or drug paraphernalia from your ad text and website.
Once you've made any necessary changes, you can then resubmit your ad for review, following the instructions in the section below.
What can I do if my site gets suspended?
- Review the guidelines above and see where your website might be causing issues. Make changes to your website so that it doesn't distribute products that are not allowed per this policy.
- Please note that we may look at other pages of a website for compliance, not just the landing page of your ad.
- After making any necessary changes to your site, request a re-review of your site by following the instructions below. Please note: if the primary purpose of your site is to promote a prohibited product, the violation may not be fixable and you should not submit a re-review request.
How can I request a re-review of my website?
Once you've addressed the violation, please contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to our "Site Policy" form where you can request a re-review of your site.
|Request a re-review|
If your ad gets disapproved, you can resubmit your ad for review by simply editing your ad and then saving it. To avoid getting disapproved again, make sure you remove any references to the unacceptable content before saving your ad.
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to a form where you can write to us about your issue.
Contact AdWords Support