Select targeting and observation settings
You can use targeting to specify audiences you’d like to reach or content you’d like your ads to appear on. In addition, you can use observations to get reports on certain criteria without restricting the reach of your ad group.
Before you begin
For a general overview of targeting and observations, see About targeting and observation settings.
Edit all targeting
To choose targeting and observations for existing ad groups, you can use the “Edit all targeting” page. This page lets you:
- View all of your ad group’s targeting in one place
- Add criteria for “Targeting” and “Additional observations”
- Switch criteria between “Targeting” and “Additional observations”
You can enter “Edit all targeting” from a targeting method’s page. Click the plus or pencil button and select an ad group, and you’ll see a button on the right that says Edit all targeting.
How to add targeting or observations to an existing ad group:
- Sign in to AdWords.
- In the page menu on the left, click on a targeting method (Keywords, Audiences, Topics, or Placements).
- Click the plus or pencil button .
- Click Select an ad group, then choose an ad group from the list that appears.
- Click the Edit all targeting button on the right of the page. On the page that opens, you can see all of the ad group-level targeting you’ve set up so far.
- For targeting, click the Narrow targeting dropdown.
- For observations, click the Add observations dropdown.
- Select a method from the dropdown.
- Select the criteria you’d like to add and click Done.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.