Use app extensions
App extensions allow you to link to your mobile or tablet app in your text ads. This article explains how to add app extensions to your ad, and how to edit app extensions in bulk.
Before you begin
Before setting up an extension, make sure you have all of these items:
- A mobile app that's live within Google Play or the Apple App Store
- The Package Name (Android) or App ID (iOS) for your mobile app
- The URL of the page within the app store where users can learn more about the app or click to install the app
If you have all of the items above, you can add an app extension to the ads in your account, campaign, or ad group.
Create app extensions
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click Ads & extensions from the page menu, and select Extensions at the top of the page.
- Click the plus button .
- Select App extension from the drop-down menu.
- Choose whether you’d like your app extension to run on the Account, Campaign, or Ad group level from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Create new” app extension or “Use existing” app extensions.
- Enter the name of your app in the search field. You can choose between the “Android” and “IOS” version of this app.
- Enter the “Link text” you’d like to appear as your call-to-action.
- You can also add custom tracking parameters, or set start and end dates and daily schedules for your app extension.
- Click Save.