Set a performance target
A performance target is a set of numerical goals shared by all campaigns in a campaign group. Setting a performance target allows you to monitor your campaign group’s overall performance. Performance targets also forecast campaign group performance so you know whether you’re on track to meet your goals, or if you need to adjust the settings of your campaigns to keep pace with your goals.
You can set a performance target when you create a new campaign group, or you can add a performance target anytime by clicking the + Performance target button in the "Performance targets" tab of a campaign group.
Before you begin
If you don’t know what performance targets are or how they work, read About performance targets first.
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click Campaign groups in the left navigation panel.
- Click the name of the campaign group you want to add a performance target to.
- Click the Performance targets tab.
- Click the + Performance target button.
- Choose the metric you want your performance target to focus on: clicks or conversions.
- (Optional) Enter a date range for your performance target.
- Enter your specific targets.
- Click Save.