Find your campaign's recommended budget
There are 2 cases where AdWords will mark your campaign status as “Limited by budget” and provide budget recommendations:
- Your campaign is under-performing due to a limited budget.
- You’re using Maximise Clicks bidding and could increase traffic by adjusting your budget.
This article explains how to find your campaign's recommended budget and apply it to your campaign to help increase clicks and impressions.
Before you start
AdWords won't display a recommended daily budget if you rarely meet your daily budget, or if your campaign has limited data. If you can't see a recommended budget, and you know that your ads aren't being shown as often as they could because your budget is limited, you might want to consider raising your budget to an amount that you're comfortable with.
How it works
Recommended budgets are based on the following factors:
- Recent campaign performance
- Current campaign budget
- Keyword list
- Campaign targeting settings
Select the AdWords experience that you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click the chart icon in the "Status" column of the campaign that you want to adjust.
- Select a recommended daily budget, or enter your own.
- Click Apply.