Edit your target CPA
AdWords offers an automated bid strategy that automatically sets bids to help you get as many conversions as possible within your budget: Target CPA bidding. To use Target CPA, you set a target cost per acquisition (CPA) that is then used to automatically set bids for all campaigns and ad groups using your bid strategy.
After you set up your Target CPA bid strategy, you can change the amount of your target CPA at any time. This article shows you how.
Before you start
If you haven’t set up a Target CPA bid strategy, read about Target CPA bidding first.
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click on the Campaigns tab.
- Click the name of the campaign that you’d like to edit.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to “Bid Strategy” and click Edit.
- Enter the new amount that you’d like to use for your target CPA.
- Note: if the campaign you’re editing is using a portfolio bid strategy, then the new target CPA you set will apply to all campaigns and ad groups using that bid strategy.
- Click Save.
Tip: Choose what conversions to bid for
The following conversion tracking settings let you customise how you bid for conversions:
- The Include in "Conversions" setting lets you decide whether or not to include individual conversion actions in your "Conversions" reporting column. The data in this column is used by bid strategies like target CPA, target ROAS and ECPC, so your bid strategy will only optimise based on the conversions that you've chosen to include. Find out more
- The Include cross-device conversions setting lets you include cross-device conversions in your “Conversions” column and in your conversion-based bid strategies. Find out more