Edit your target CPA
AdWords offers an automated bid strategy that automatically sets bids to help you get as many conversions as possible within your budget: Target CPA bidding. To use Target CPA, you set a target cost per acquisition (CPA) that is then used to automatically set bids for all campaigns and ad groups using your bid strategy.
After you set up your Target CPA bid strategy, you can change the amount of your target CPA at any time. This article shows you how.
Before you start
If you haven’t set up a Target CPA bid strategy, read about Target CPA bidding first.
Select the AdWords experience that you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click the name of the campaign that you’d like to edit.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to “Bid Strategy” and click Edit.
- Enter the new amount that you’d like to use for your target CPA.
- Note: if the campaign that you’re editing is using a portfolio bid strategy, then the new target CPA that you set will apply to all campaigns and ad groups using that bid strategy.
- Click Save
Tip: Choose what conversions to bid for
The following conversion tracking settings let you customise how you bid for conversions:
- The Include in "Conversions" setting lets you decide whether or not to include individual conversion actions in your "Conversions" and "Conversion value" reporting columns. The data in these columns are used by bid strategies like target CPA, target ROAS and ECPC, so your bid strategy will only optimise based on the conversions that you've chosen to include. Learn more
- The Include Display cross-device conversions setting lets you include cross-device conversions from Display Network campaigns in your “Conversions” column and in your conversion-based bid strategies. Cross-device conversions from Search and Shopping campaigns are included by default. Learn more