Check the approval status of an ad
After you’ve created an ad, you can check whether it’s been reviewed or not in the “Status” column.
This article explains how to check that status and what each status means.
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
What each status meansYou’ll see a status both before your ad is approved and after it’s been reviewed.
Before review, your ad will have one of these statuses:
After review, your ad can run if it has one of these statuses:
After review, your extension can run if it has one of these statuses:
- Approved: The extension complies with the AdWords policies, so it can be shown to all audiences.
- Approved (limited): The extension can run, but not in all situations because of policy restrictions such as trademark use or gambling-related content.
- Approved (non-family): The extension can run, but not in all situations because the content is considered "non-family safe."
- Approved (adult): The extension can run, but not in all situations because the content is considered "adult."
After review, your ad can't run if it has one these statuses:
- Disapproved: The ad cannot run because it violates AdWords policy.
- Site suspended: The ad cannot run because its website violates AdWords policy.
- Not serving (video ads): All formats (headline, description, video, etc.) of the video ad have been disapproved.
- With issues (video ads): One or more of a video ad's formats are "Disapproved" or "Approved (limited)."
Not related to ad approval, your ad might have another status such as Paused, Ended, and Pending.
To check the status of an ad:
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click Ads & extensions from the page menu to see a list of your ads.
- To check an ad’s status, just look in the “Status” column. If you hover over each ad’s status, you’ll see a more detailed explanation of what the status means.
To see more detailed policy information (or to check the status of a paused ad), enable the "Policy details" in the table.
- Visit the Ads page in your AdWords account.
- Click the column icon above the statistics table, then click Modify columns.
- In the "Attributes" section, click select the checkbox next to "Policy details."
- Click Apply.
The Policy details column provides information about why a disapproved ad wasn't approved, why an "approved (limited)" ad is limited to a certain audience, or why your website was suspended.