Linking multiple AdWords accounts to Google Analytics
If you manage more than one AdWords account, you have a few different options for linking those accounts to Google Analytics. If you use an AdWords manager account (MCC) to work with multiple accounts for your business or clients, you can link it to Google Analytics to keep those accounts' Analytics properties in sync with AdWords. You can also link multiple AdWords accounts within Analytics, or simply link individual accounts through either product. We'll show you the difference between these options below.
Option 1: Linking Analytics to an AdWords manager account (MCC)
- Link all of the AdWords accounts you manage to Analytics in one step
- Make changes to conversion actions and remarketing lists in the manager account.
- Simplify managing your imported Analytics goals and transactions, remarketing lists, and site engagement stats, as well as exported AdWords cost data, across multiple AdWords accounts by managing them in one manager account
- Automatically link an account to your Analytics properties when you add it to your manager account
When to link Analytics to an AdWords manager account (MCC)
- You have one or more Analytics properties that you want to link to multiple AdWords accounts, all managed by an AdWords manager account
- You frequently create new AdWords accounts that you want to be automatically linked to the same Analytics properties as your other AdWords accounts
- You want to use cross-account conversion tracking, cross-account remarketing, or cross-account attribution reports in AdWords
Instructions for linking Analytics to an AdWords manager account (MCC)
See this article for instructions.
Multiple links to Analytics
If an AdWords account is linked to Analytics both directly and through one or more manager accounts, the Analytics views from both the direct link and the manager link will be visible in that AdWords account.
We recommend removing any direct links to Analytics once a managed account is linked through a manager, except in the following cases:
- The managed account owns an Analytics remarketing list: If you were to remove its link to Analytics, you would close the remarketing list.
- The managed account is not using cross-account conversion tracking: If you want to continue importing Analytics goals and transactions to the individual account, don't remove its link to Analytics.
- The Analytics account is importing display network impressions and YouTube views from AdWords into Multi-Channel Funnels: If you were to remove the AdWords account's direct link to Analytics, display network impressions won't be available in Analytics Multi-Channel Funnels. This feature is currently not supported for linking via the manager account.
Options for individual accounts
When you link Analytics to an AdWords manager account, you can still do the following at the individual account level:
- Change which Analytics view to import site stats from
- Import goals and transactions directly after linking the individual account to Analytics (if not using cross-account conversion tracking in AdWords)
Option 2: Linking multiple AdWords accounts through Analytics
You can choose to set up your Analytics links through Analytics, linking multiple accounts at one time.
- Link a group of AdWords accounts that you manage to Analytics in one step
When to link multiple accounts through Analytics
- You don't want all of your AdWords accounts managed by an AdWords manager account (MCC) linked to a single Analytics property
- You don't want new AdWords accounts under the manager account to be automatically linked to the same Analytics property
- You don't want to use cross-account conversion tracking, cross-account remarketing, or cross-account attributions (Search Funnels)
Instructions for linking AdWords accounts through Analytics
See these instructions for linking AdWords through Analytics.