Find a Google-certified professional
Hiring a Google Partner to help with a range of services, including managing your AdWords account or developing your website, can help you save time and maximise your return on investment. When choosing the right agency for your business, consider the services offered, its AdWords expertise and its account management fees. Before entering into an agreement, you should make sure that you understand how much of your money will be going to Google for the ads served, and how much will go to the agency for its work.
Who are Google Partners
Google Partners are agencies, marketing professionals and online experts who have been certified by Google to manage AdWords accounts. Companies who qualify for Partner status earn the Google Partner or Premier Google Partner badge. The badge shows that a company has demonstrated AdWords skill and expertise, met AdWords spend requirements, delivered agency and client revenue growth, and sustained and grown its client base.
If you're new to AdWords, we suggest that you learn more about how AdWords works before hiring a Google Partner. That way, you can define your advertising goals and be ready to discuss them should you decide to work with a Google Partner.
How to find a Google Partner
You can use Google Partner Search to find a Partner to help manage your AdWords account or other online advertising needs.
Here's how to use Google Partner Search:
- Go to Google Partner Search.
- Enter your company's website and the location at which you'd prefer an agency to be located.
- Click the View your results button.
- For each Partner listed, you can click the Learn more button to see more information about their business, the minimum monthly budget they accept, the company's AdWords specialisations, and the Google products in which their employees are certified.
- To refine your search results, click the Refine results button. You can refine your search results by several criteria, including the minimum monthly budget that a Partner will accept, the areas that they focus on and the services that they offer.
- When you're ready to contact a Partner, click the Contact button. Fill in the form with your contact information and a description of your business and the services you want help with.
- Click the Contact this partner button to submit your request. You should hear back from the Partner in a timely manner.
- We recommend that you enter your company's website. Google Partner Search analyses your website to learn more about your business, and uses that information to provide you with a list of Partners that have worked with similar clients.
- Can't find any Partners in your area? Try searching for Partners in a broader location, such as Greater Manchester instead of the city of Manchester.
About minimum monthly budget
The minimum monthly budget is one of the factors Google Partner Search uses to match you with a Partner agency. The amount is the minimum monthly advertising budget that a Partner will accept.
You can refine your search results to see Partner agencies that accept a minimum budget you're comfortable with. To do so, click the Refine results button, then click the Min. monthly budget section and select a monthly budget range that best matches the minimum amount you'd like to spend each month. Keep in mind that the minimum monthly budget doesn't include any fees an agency might charge for additional services, which you can read more about below in the "How to determine your costs" section of this article.
About Google certifications
Google certifications are another factor that Google Partner Search uses to match you with a Partner agency. Individuals at Partner agencies can take exams and earn certifications in Google AdWords, Analytics and Mobile Sites. You can use these certifications to get a better idea of each agency's expertise, and whether that expertise relates to the services that you're interested in.
Each product certification shows that at least one individual working for the agency has demonstrated proficiency in the basic and advanced concepts of that particular product. You can see the number of people at the agency who have earned each certification by clicking the "Learn more" button in the search results.
Here are more details about each Google certification:
|Individuals who have received this certification have successfully passed the AdWords Fundamentals and Search Advertising exams.|
|Individuals who have received this certification have successfully passed the AdWords Fundamentals and Mobile Advertising exams.|
|Individuals who have received this certification have successfully passed the AdWords Fundamentals and Video Advertising exams.|
|Individuals who have received this certification have successfully passed the AdWords Fundamentals and Display Advertising exams.|
|Individuals who have received this certification have successfully passed the AdWords Fundamentals and Shopping Advertising exams.|
Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ)
|Individuals who have received this individual qualification have successfully passed the Google Analytics IQ exam.|
|Individuals who have received this certification have successfully passed the Mobile Sites exam.|
Company specialisations recognise companies that qualify for Partner status and demonstrate increased performance and product expertise in AdWords products.
We look at a number of things to determine a company’s level of product expertise, including how they're implementing the AdWords product for their clients, if they're growing usage in the product area, if they're retaining clients in that product area and other related factors.
Here are the different specialisation icons:
Tips for finding the right professional
There are many things that you may take into consideration when looking for the right professional to help you manage your account. Below are a few areas to consider when you're making this important decision
Service levels and specialisations
Different professionals have different areas of expertise, so you should talk to them or look at their profile page to get a better understanding of the services that they offer. Here are some questions to keep in mind:
- Will they continually manage and optimise your account after setting it up for you?
- Will they be available for questions or visits in person or by email?
If a Google Partner is setting up a new AdWords account for you, we suggest you also maintain access to your account. Do this by asking your professional to give your email address administrative access to the account.
A company might become qualified by having a few individuals who are certified. Check that your specific account manager has taken the proficiency exams. You want to make sure that the person managing your account has the knowledge that you need.
Costs and billing
Since agencies may offer different services and charge different feeds, make sure that you understand how much of your money is going to Google for the ads served, and how much to the agency for their work. You can request copies of Google invoices to see a breakdown of the charges. Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- Ask whether the company is willing to give you access to your account.
- Understand your contract with the agency, and ask about any provisions that you find confusing.
- Discuss what happens to the account if the contract is terminated.
How to determine your costs
The agreement with your Google Partner may include charges for additional services, such as campaign development, account management or creative services, as well as any costs directly incurred in your AdWords account.
Google Partners are expected to, at a minimum, provide advertisers with monthly data on AdWords costs, clicks and impressions at the account level. When sharing Google advertising cost data, Google Partners have to include the exact amount charged by Google, exclusive of any additional fees that they charge for their services. You can use this AdWords-specific information to calculate how Google advertising is performing for you, and you can include the total cost charged by the Google Partner to calculate your overall return on investment.
Learn more about the factors that determine your AdWords account costs.
- Ready to start your search for a Google Partner? Get started using Google Partner Search.
- Read our advertiser guide about working with a third-party partner.
- Do you help businesses with their AdWords accounts? Become a Google Partner.