Create an AdWords account
Create a new AdWords account and your first campaign at any time by visiting the AdWords homepage at https://adwords.google.com. Then, we'll take you through these steps:
Have a personal Google Account, but want to use AdWords for business? We recommend keeping separate business and personal Google Accounts, so consider creating another Google Account in this step.
For example, use one Google Account for products you use specifically for business, such as AdWords and Google Shopping. You can link a business credit card and your professional contact information to this Google Account. Use your personal Google Account for products you enjoy for personal use, such as Blogger and Google Groups. You can link a personal credit card and your personal contact information to this Google Account.
- Visit https://adwords.google.com and click the button to get started.
- We’ll ask you for some basic information, such as your email address and website. (If your business doesn’t have a website, you can still run ads using AdWords Express.) Click Continue to proceed.
- Next, we'll ask you to sign in.
- If you already have a Google account (in other words, if you use any other Google product, such as Gmail), enter your Google email address and password, then click Sign in.
- If you don’t have an existing Google account, or want to use a different sign in, just click Create an account at the bottom of the screen and follow the instructions to create and confirm your new Google account.
- Now you’re ready to create your first ad campaign. Don’t worry, you won't be charged for selecting any of these options, and you can always make changes later. We’ll walk you through how to:
- Set your daily budget
- Choose your target audience
- Decide where you’d like to reach them online
- Select the keywords that can trigger your ads to show
- Set your bid
- Write your ad
- When you're ready, click Save and continue.
- On the "Billing" page you'll enter your billing information, which determines when and how you'll pay for your ads. You’ll also set your time zone, a setting that applies to your entire account and can’t be changed later. (If you select your billing country from the drop-down menu and aren’t prompted to enter your billing information, you'll need to enter it after you've created your AdWords account. See the note below for instructions.)
- Click Save and continue.
- Take a moment to review your account and campaign settings. If you find anything you'd like to change, click "Go back" until you reach the page you’d like to revise. Otherwise, check the box when you’re ready to agree to the AdWords Terms and Conditions and click Finish and create.
Congratulations! You've signed up for AdWords and created your first ad campaign. We’ll send you an email once your ad is approved (usually within one business day).
If you select your billing country from the drop-down menu and aren’t prompted to enter your billing information, then you’ll need to enter it in AdWords once you’ve finished creating your account. Your ad won’t be able to show until you’ve submitted your billing information. Here’s how to do it:
- Choose the country or territory of your business address. If you aren't asked for billing information, click Save and continue.
- On the “Review” page, click Finish and create.
- Sign in to your AdWords account at adwords.google.com.
- Click the gear icon in the top corner.
- Choose Billing, and then click Billing preferences to complete your billing information.
Running into issues?
- If you have trouble creating an account, read about common issues and solutions.
- If you're getting an error that you have an invalid email address, read about invalid email addresses.
- If you have a problem finding the verification email or verifying your account, check out these common verification issues and solutions. Or, find out what to do if you entered the wrong email address during sign-up.
- If you get an error that the email already exists, learn how to reclaim your Google Account.