Create a custom combination list
You can reach a custom audience by combining remarketing lists in an AND, OR or NOT relationship. Custom combination lists let you create advanced lists out of existing remarketing lists. Supposing that you want to offer a special price to people who buy three products as a set – for example, a mobile phone, a headset and a charger –, but these products are under three different URLs. To create a remarketing list of people who visited the three products, you could create a list of "people who visited the mobile phones page", a list of "people who visited the headset page", and a third list of "people who visited the charger page." Then, you could create a custom combination to reach people who saw the mobile page AND the headset page AND the charger page.
- To use custom combination lists on the Display Network, choose "Display Network only" > "Marketing objectives" > "Drive action" > "Buy on your website" when you create your campaign. The default settings in this campaign type can help you to achieve better performance.
- To use custom combination lists for search ads, select "Search Network only – All features" as your campaign type. Custom combination lists are not available for "Search Network only – Standard" or "Search & Display Networks – Standard" campaigns.
Once you've created custom combination lists, you'll need to add them to your ad groups.
How to create a custom combination list
Follow these steps to create a custom combination:
- Click on the Shared library link in the navigation bar, below your list of campaigns.
- Click on the View link in the "Audiences" section.
- Click on the + Remarketing list button.
- Enter a descriptive name for your custom combination.
- Select Custom combination from the drop-down menu next to "Who to add to your list".
- Use the drop-down menu and the Select audiences button to create your combinations. Here are the options that you can choose from the drop-down menu:
- any of these audiences (OR relationship)
- each of these audiences (AND relationship)
- none of these audiences (NOT relationship)
Then, click on the Select audiences button, click on >> next to each remarketing list that you'd like to add, and click on OK.
Once you've selected your options from the two menus, you've created a custom combination. For example, if you've already created a Sports gear category remarketing list and a Shopping basket remarketing list, then you could create a combination like this: People who visit your Sports gear category page and your Shopping basket page.
- If you want to build another set of conditions, then click on the Add another link. You can then create another combination.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until your combination is complete.
- Enter an optional description.
- Click on Save.
You can choose how to combine lists based on your preference. For example, you can select five lists in an AND relationship by either selecting the "each of these audiences" option from the drop-down menu and adding five lists, or by clicking on the Add another link and adding five lists in five separate lines. When you create a custom combination, membership durations remain intact for each remarketing list that's part of the combination. Note that the number of cookies in your custom combination is updated every few hours.Try it now
- Read about how to evaluate your ad performance on the Display Network.