Edit your ad text
You can make changes to your ad text at any time by following the steps below. Just be aware that editing an ad is the same as creating a new ad and deleting the old one, which means that your new ad will have to go through our usual approval process. Also, keep in mind that we'll reset your new ad's performance statistics to zero.
You can edit your ad text from the Ads tab within the Campaigns tab. Here's how:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at http://adwords.google.com
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Navigate to the Ads tab.
- Click the pencil icon that's next to your ad text.
For enhanced campaigns, consider optimizing your ad text for mobile devices. To do so, click the drop-down menu, select "Copy and edit," and select the checkbox next to "Mobile." You can then edit your ad text so it's tailored to customers viewing your ads on a mobile device.
- Make changes to your ad text and click Save.
- Your new ad will automatically be submitted for review.
Edit your ad text in bulk
If you want to change the text for multiple ads at once:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click the Ads tab.
- Check the box next to any ads you want to edit. You can also select all ads by checking the box in the menu bar.
- Click Edit, then choose Change text ads...
- In the window that appears, you can find and replace, add, set or change the case of your ad text.
For enhanced campaigns, consider optimizing your ad text for mobile devices. To do so, select the checkbox next to "Duplicate selected text ads and set text in duplicates" and then click the "Device preference" drop-down menu and choose "Mobile." For each of these ads, you can edit the text so it's tailored to customers viewing your ads on a mobile device.
- Click Preview changes to see what your edits will look like, or click Make changes to edit your selected ads.
Keep in mind
- When you follow the steps above, the original version of your ad will be deleted and you'll create a new ad and your new ad's performance history will be set to zero. However, you'll still be able to see your original ad's performance history by selecting "All" from the "All but deleted campaigns" drop-down menu above the statistics table.
- You won't be able to resume the original version of your ad.
- Your edited ad will go through our ad approval process so we can ensure your edits comply with our AdWords ad policies -- we work to review the ads in our program as quickly as possible, usually within one to three business days. If your changes don't meet our policies, your edited ad may not be eligible to run.
Instead of editing your ad text, try creating new ads to test how well different versions of your ad perform -- we'll automatically start to show your better-performing ad more often. This means you'll get the benefit of having your original ad run while your new ads go through our approval process.