About email notifications
You'll receive email notifications when there’s critical information that you should see about your AdWords account. But you can also choose to receive other types of notifications by email.
This article explains how email notifications work. To learn how to change email notifications, read Change your email notification preferences.
If you want to learn more about notifications you receive directly in your account, see About in-account notifications.
How it works
Email notifications are sent to the email addresses of users with access to the AdWords account.
Here are the different types of email notifications:
- Google market research
- Customised help and performance suggestions
- Special offers
- Campaign maintenance alerts
- Disapproved ads and policy alerts
- Billing alerts
For each notification type, you can choose different email settings.
- For the first four types of email notifications (Newsletter, Google market research, Customised help and performance suggestions, and Special offers): You can choose to receive all emails or opt out altogether.
- For Campaign maintenance alerts and Disapproved ads and policy alerts: If you’re the only user on an AdWords account, you must choose to receive either all notifications or only critical notifications. If there are multiple users on the AdWords account, at least one user must choose to receive either all or only critical notifications. All other users can choose to receive all, only critical or no notifications. Keep in mind, there can be an exception if your account is linked to a manager account. In that case, you can choose to have no users receiving critical notifications. Instead, the linked manager account will automatically receive critical notifications on behalf of your account.
- For Reports: You can choose to receive all available reports, or only reports that you create.
- For Billing alerts: You can make changes by going to the Settings page in Billing & payments.
Bear in mind that all users on an AdWords account can choose their own settings.
If you grant users email-only access, they’ll be able to receive email notifications about your AdWords account without being able to log in to your AdWords account. Learn how to share and manage account access levels.