The Optimization tab
Blocking controls experiments
The following ad blocking settings are available for experiments:
- General ad categories (including first level sub-categories)
- Sensitive ad categories
- Ad serving opt-outs (e.g., enhanced text ads, expandable ads, etc.)
Create a blocking controls experiment
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Optimization > Experiments.
- Click Blocking controls.
- Give your experiment a name.
- Select the experiment setting that you want to test from the drop-down. (e.g., "Sensitive ad categories").
- Click Add.
- In the window that opens, click Approve or Block next to each category or ad serving opt-out that you want to compare in your experiment.
- Click Done.
- Select whether you'd like Google to choose the winner for you. Google will automatically apply the winning setting after your experiment has finished.
- Click Create. Your experiment now moves into the “running” state, and we start collecting data.