Authorize your verified sites to display ads
Site authorization is an optional feature that lets you identify your verified sites as the only sites that are permitted to use your Google ad code. If you're particularly concerned about malicious use of your ad code by others, you might want to use this feature as a precaution.
What happens to sites that aren't verified?
If a URL displaying your ad code is not on your list of verified sites, ads will still show on that URL, and impressions and clicks will be recorded. However, advertisers will not be charged, and you won't receive any earnings for that site.
Our systems might attribute a few impressions to sites that you do not control and that do not directly have your ad code on them. Learn more about the possible reasons for this.
Authorizing your verified sites
To authorize your verified sites, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click the gear icon and select Settings.
- In the sidebar, select My sites.
- On the "Manage sites" page, click More .
- Click Site authorization.
- Next to "Only authorize my verified sites to use my ad code", turn the switch on .
- Click Save.
Your changes should take effect within 48 hours.
Have any questions?