If you see a problem with an ad on your site (for example, the ad is broken or the ad is not family-safe), there are a couple of ways to report the issue to the appropriate Google support team. You can either report the problem ad from a predefined list of reasons or export the ad details and a screenshot.
Select from a predefined list of reasons
You can report the issue via the “Ad details” window, which is accessed through an ad overlay. When you report a problem ad, all available reporting data at the time of the impression is sent to the appropriate Google team.
To report a problem ad:
- Click the overlay of the ad you want to report. The “Google Publisher Toolbar - Ad details” window loads.
- Under the ad preview, click the Report a problem with this ad drop-down and select the issue that you want to report. For example, you could choose: "This ad is not family-safe or is inappropriate."
- (Optional) If you need to include extra information about the problem, use the additional comments field (maximum of 140 characters).
- Click Send.
Alternatively, you can export the details of the ad from the "Ad details" window and then email the exported information. When you export an ad's details, all of the available data at the time of the impression including a screenshot of the ad is downloaded into an HTML file for you.
To export the details of an ad:
- Click the overlay of the ad you want to export. The “Google Publisher Toolbar - Ad details” window loads.
- In the "Ad details” window, click Export ad details.
The ad details are downloaded into an HTML file, which is then available for you to use as required.