Display ads on login-protected pages
Once your application has been approved, you can display Google ads on pages behind a login by creating a crawler login. This will give the AdSense crawler access to visit your pages and deliver targeted ads.
To do so, you'll need to provide login details for your site, and verify your site using the Webmaster Tools and other Webmaster resources provided below. Please follow these steps.
- On the Home tab, visit the Account settings page.
- In the "Access and authorization" section, click "edit logins." ..
- Provide login details that our crawler will use to access your site.
You'll need to provide the following information:
- Restricted directory or URL: The URL that is blocked from our crawler's access.
- Authentication URL: The URL that our crawler should visit to sign in.
- Authentication method: The method your site uses to authenticate users who log in. POST and GET are common authentication methods.
- Parameters: The credentials that our crawler will use to sign in (for example, your site's username and password).
- Sign in to Webmaster Tools using your Google Account. You must be using your Google Account in order for any changes you make in Webmaster Tools to be reflected in your AdSense account.
- Add a site to your account by following these instructions. This should be the site that you'd like to allow our crawler to access.
- After you've followed the instructions, on the next page, choose "Verify your site" under the >> Next step section. If you can't find it, return to the Webmaster Tools homepage and follow these directions.
Once you've verified your site, the login details that you have provided should allow the AdSense crawler to reach your pages and provide targeted ads.