Change your payee name
Though our Terms and Conditions don't permit transfers of account ownership, we do allow you to update your payee name to fix misspellings, or to make adjustments for changes such as marriage, death, or company mergers.
In most locations, you will have the option to change your payee name within your account by following these steps:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- In the left navigation panel, click Payments.
- Click Manage settings.
- In the "Name and address" section, click .
- Enter your desired payee name. Note that if you're updating the payee name of a business account, then the top line should be the business name and the second line the contact name for the business.
- Click Save.
Your payee name change will take effect for the next possible payment cycle. Changes made before the 20th of the month typically affect the current month's payment, while changes made after the 20th won't take effect until the next month's payment cycle.
The name on your tax form is automatically copied from the name in your payee profile. Whenever you update your payee name, you also need to resubmit your tax information. For more information, see How to submit your tax information to Google.
For U.S. businesses that are disregarded entities: when completing your W9 tax form, the first name line needs to be the name of the person or entity filing a tax return for the business. Learn how to submit tax information for a disregarded entity.
Countries where you can't change your payee name within your account
United Arab Emirates
- Follow these steps to cancel your account.
- We'll close your current account.
- When you receive notification that your account has been closed, submit a new application using your new payee name.
- Once your application is approved, replace the existing AdSense code on your pages with code generated from your new account.