How to opt out of personalised advertising
You can opt out of showing ads that are based on a user’s Google Account, interests and demographics. In turn, Google will not use visitation information from your sites to help to infer interests and demographics, and will not add visitor information from your site to user’s Google Accounts. However, you cannot opt out of showing ads to users based on their previous interactions with the advertiser, such as visits to an advertiser's website, known as remarketing.
To opt out of ads based on user interest and demographic categories:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- In the left navigation panel, click Allow & block ads.
- Make sure "Content" is selected.
- In the horizontal bar across the top of the page, click the Ad serving tab.
- Under the "Personalised ads" header, select the appropriate option.
Note: Ads that you've blocked by category, by advertiser URL or using the Ad review centre will not appear to users through personalised advertising.