You can opt out of showing ads that are based on users’ interests, demographics and Google Account information.
What happens when you opt out
- Advertising platforms that are eligible for the AdSense auction (Authorised Buyers, Display & Video 360 and Google Ads) won’t use visitation information from your site to help infer interests and demographics
- Google Ads and Display & Video 360 won’t add visitation information from your site to users' Google Accounts.
- Ads that you've blocked by category, by advertiser URL or using the Ad review centre won’t appear to users through user-based advertising.
- The opt-out only applies to AdSense for content.
- You might decrease the number of ads competing to appear on your site, which may decrease your potential earnings.
You can’t opt out of showing ads to users based on their previous interactions with the advertiser, such as visits to an advertiser's website, known as remarketing.
Steps to opt out of showing user-based ads
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Brand safety Content Blocking controls Manage Ad serving.
- Under 'Personalised ads', use the control to opt out of user-based ads.