How to opt out of user-based advertising
You can opt out of showing ads that are based on users’ interests, demographics and Google Account information. In turn, Google won't use visitation information from your site to help infer interests and demographics, and won't add visitation information from your site to users' Google Accounts. However, you can't opt out of showing ads to users based on their previous interactions with the advertiser, such as visits to an advertiser's website, known as remarketing.
To opt out of showing user-based ads:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Blocking controls All sites Ad serving.
- Under 'Personalized ads', use the control to opt out of user-based ads.
- Ads that you've blocked by category, by advertiser URL or using the Ad review centre won't appear to users through user-based advertising.
- This opt out only applies to AdSense for content.