Rewarded interstitial ad units automatically appear and show full-page ads in your app that reward users for viewing ads. Place them at natural breaks & transitions in your app's interface, such as after level completion in a gaming app.
Unlike rewarded ads, users aren’t required to opt-in to view a rewarded interstitial. Rewarded interstitial ad units can show interactive and video ads.
The following steps will help you create a new ad unit in your AdMob account, then implement it in your app's code. You must complete all of these steps to start showing ads in this ad unit.
- Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
- Click Apps in the sidebar.
- Select the name of the app you're creating this ad unit for. If you don't see it in the list of recent apps, you can click Add app to add a new app or click View all apps to search a list of all of the apps you've added to AdMob.
- Click Ad units in the sidebar.
- Click Get started. If you've already created ad units for this app, click Add ad unit.
- Click Select for the Rewarded ad format.
- Enter a name for this ad unit. Recommended: Include relevant information, such as ad format and location in your app to make it easier to identify later.
- Complete the reward settings for this ad unit:
- Reward amount: Enter the number of reward items the user will receive. Must be a whole number.
- Reward item: Enter the name of reward item the user will receive. Examples: Coins, extra lives
- Checkbox: Overrides rewarded settings provided by third-party ad networks. Checked by default.
- (optional) Complete the advanced settings for this ad unit:
- Ad type: Choose the ad type(s) allowed to be shown in this ad unit. You can choose any combination of ad types by checking the boxes. Unchecking all of the boxes will result in an error. You must choose at least one ad type for each ad unit. Suggestion: To try and help maximize revenue for this ad unit, we suggest checking all of the boxes.
eCPM floor: You can set an eCPM floor (also known as a minimum eCPM) for each ad unit you create. This instructs the AdMob Network not to serve ads to this ad unit with eCPM values below the minimum eCPM you’ve set.
This eCPM floor only applies to the AdMob Network. It does not apply to third-party ad networks and custom events configured as ad sources in a mediation group.
- Click the eCPM floor toggle to turn it on and enable eCPM floors for your ad unit.
- Enter a global eCPM value for the AdMob Network to use as a floor.
- Click Create ad unit.
- Follow the instructions in the Google Developers Get Started guide (Android, iOS, Unity) to implement this ad unit in your app code to start showing ads. You will need your app ID and ad unit ID during implementation.
This ad unit won't show ads until you've completed this step. If you're not ready to implement the ad unit, you can click Email this to send the instructions by email or click Done to exit the page.