Comply with EU user consent policy
To support publishers in meeting their duties under this policy, Google offers the ad serving options described below for users in the EEA. The options you select will take effect on May 25, 2018. If you don’t make any changes as described below, the commonly used set of ad technology providers will be used.
- Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
- Click Blocking controls EU user consent.
The “EU user consent” page appears. Update the settings for the sections on this page as described below.Note: If you're using the previous version of AdMob, click Monetize All apps EU user consent instead.
To help with compliance under Google’s updated EU User Consent Policy, you have the option to select your preferred ad technology providers from a list of companies that have provided us with information about their compliance with the GDPR—all of whom also have to comply with our data usage policy to ensure publisher data is protected.
If you select these ad technology providers (including Google and other ad sources and vendors), they may use data about your users for the purposes of ads personalization and measurement.
- Choose a commonly used set of ad technology providers or create a custom set:
- Commonly used set of ad technology providers: This is the setting that will be used unless you make a change on this page.
- Custom set of ad technology providers: Select your preferred ad technology providers.
- Clearly identify the providers you select to your users, and obtain users' consent in line with Google's EU User Consent Policy.
You could do this by listing your chosen ad technology providers in a consent flow, or listing your chosen providers on a separate page of your site to which you direct your users from a consent flow. In either case, to comply with Google's EU User Consent Policy, you should link to the details provided by each provider that describes their activities. You will find the relevant URLs in the CSV files that are available (either for your customized list or for the commonly-used providers list).
See the Google Developers guide (Android, iOS) to learn how to use Google’s consent dialog or create your own consent dialog that displays a message on your sites or apps asking your users in the EEA for consent.
After updating your app code, you’ll re-upload your app to Google Play or the App Store. You may need your publisher ID.
Example Publisher ID: pub-000000000000000000