Native ads policies and guidelines
Native ads can be used to serve ads that complement the content and look of your app.
All AdMob native ads must adhere to the guidelines described in this document in addition to AdMob policies and guidelines. For Android developers, we also suggest reviewing the Google Play Monetization and Ads policy.
Required ad elements
Required elements for AdMob native ads include Ad Attribution, AdChoices (or Ads by Google, where applicable) icon, image elements, text elements, and other elements depending on the native ads format.
The Ad Attribution and AdChoices (or Ads by Google, where applicable) icon must clearly mark your native ads as advertisements so that users don't mistake them for content. It's important to understand the difference between the two and how they are applied by Google.
Ad Attribution is an automatically added component in AdMob native ads templates when native express ads are designed using the AdMob interface. Note: For native advanced ads, ad attribution must be added manually.
Changes to the default styling of Ad Attribution will need to adhere to the following:
- Ads must display one of the following attributions:
- "Ad" or "Advertisement"
- A badge that says "Ad" (minimum 15px height/width)
- For left-to-right languages, ad attribution must be positioned at the top left corner of the ad.
- For right-to-left languages, ad attribution must be positioned at the top right corner of the ad.
AdChoices (or Ads by Google) Icon
AdChoices (or Ads by Google, where applicable) icon is added automatically.
- For left-to-right languages, please leave space in the upper right-hand corner for the automatically inserted AdChoices (or Ads by Google) icon.
- For right-to-left languages, please leave space in the upper left-hand corner for the automatically inserted AdChoices (or Ads by Google) icon.
Make sure to test your layouts with both large and small font settings. Also, confirm that the AdChoices (or Ads by Google) icon is placed on content that allows the icon to be easily seen.
- Publishers are allowed to scale the image down without modifying the aspect ratio
- Publishers are allowed to crop the image symmetrically by up to 20% in only one dimension (height or width)
- Title text (required): Ensure that there is no truncation of text up to 30 characters
- Body text (optional): Ensure that there is no truncation of text up to 90 characters
- Font size must be consistent with other surrounding elements in the app
- The app store icon (image), price text, and star/review elements are optional for app install ads and video app install ads.
- The URL is optional for content ads.
- Buttons in both app install and content ads consist of an .SVG icon and a text element. At least one of these is required to be visible. Both the .SVG icon and text element can be visible in the same ad at the same time, if desired.
- Only the ad titles, URLs, CTA, and image assets can be clickable (no clickable "white" space).
- The background of the ad must be not clickable. If you use the image element as the background of the ad, the image must be not clickable.