About your Ad Mediation report
Your Ad Mediation report displays data about the impact of your mediation setup. You can customize the report by selecting different metrics, dimensions, and filters. By default, the report is filtered by the Ad source dimension.
You can access your Ad Mediation report from the following locations:
AdMob (newest version)
- Click Reports in the sidebar.
- From an app's "Ad units" page, select ad units, click the View filtered report button, and select the Ad Mediation report option.
AdMob (previous version)
- It can be found in the Performance reports section of the sidebar on the Monetize tab.
- From an ad unit's mediation page, click the View mediation report button.
- From an app's page in AdMob, select ad units, click the View filtered report button, and select the Ad Mediation report option.
Available report metrics
Several metrics are available to help you understand your mediation data.
Mediation waterfall report: The number of times your app has requested an ad through AdMob Mediation. Each mediation request counted here may represent multiple requests sent to different ad networks.
Mediation network report: The total number of requests your app has made to each ad network.
To view the Fill rate metric, add the Ad source or Allocation dimensions to the report or filter the report by Ad source. This will change the table at the bottom of the report to the "Mediation Network" table where you will be able to view the fill rate for ad sources.
The number of times a rewarded video was requested.
The total number of ads shown to users of your app.
The total number of times users click ads shown in your app.
Impression clickthrough rate (CTR) is the number of ad clicks divided by the number of individual ad impressions. It's calculated using
Clicks / Impressions.
For example, if your ad received 20 clicks out of 1,000 impressions, the Impressions CTR would be 2%.
The number of times users started to watch a rewarded video.
The number of times users completed watching a rewarded video.
A third-party ad network's estimated average eCPM calculated using historical revenue data.
Observed eCPM will only be shown for ad networks which have ad network optimization (ANO) enabled. The value in the "Total" row of the table is an average of all the values in the Observed eCPM column.
Change the displayed metrics
Not all available metrics are displayed in reports by default. You can use the Customize metrics button at the top of your report to select different metrics to display.
Complete the steps to change which metrics are shown in your report.
- While viewing your report, click the Customize metrics button at the top of the report page to open the list of available metrics.
- Use the checkboxes to select metrics. Metrics with checked boxes will appear in your report, while metrics with unchecked boxes will not be shown.
- Click Apply. The selected metrics and data will be displayed.
Switching between tables
The data displayed at the bottom of the Ad Mediation report is shown in two separate tables: the Mediation waterfall table and the Mediation network table. Only one table is displayed at a time, and the table you see is based on the dimensions and filters you select at the top of the report.
Mediation waterfall report table
This report table shows how AdMob is performing as a mediation platform for your apps. This is the default table. It includes information about requests, impressions, and clicks.
There are 2 totals shown in the mediation waterfall report table:
- Total requests: The total number of ad requests seen by each ad network. Some of these requests may be counted more than once as the request moves through the mediation stack.
Example: A single request made to Network A, Network B, and Network C in the mediation stack will be counted 3 times
- Unique requests: The total number of unique attempts to request an ad. This number doesn't count the same request multiple times. Instead, each request is only counted once, no matter how many networks receive that request as it moves through the mediation stack.
Example: A single request made to Network A, Network B, and Network C in the mediation stack will only be counted 1 time
Mediation network report table
This report table focuses on the ad networks you're using for mediation and how each is performing. To view this table, add the Ad source or Allocation dimensions to the report or filter the report by Ad source. In addition to requests, impressions, and clicks, the table will show allocation and fill rate by ad source.
Export your reporting data
You can export your complete report data as a .CSV file by clicking the Export button at the top of your report. Exported data will include all reporting metrics, but will be customized by the same filters and dimensions you've added to your report in AdMob.