Line item changes, including targeting, creatives, inventory selection, start and end dates, flight dates, impression goals, and pausing or un-pausing campaigns can take up to 10 minutes to affect ad serving.
Line item impression delivery will occur within 30 minutes of activation.
Line item impression reporting (and line item status changes from ready to delivering) will occur within 30 minutes.
Network configuration-based changes, including new or edited ad units, placements, native styles, and labels, generally take effect within 60 minutes, but can take up to 180 minutes.
When will an order or line item go live?
A line item's ads will deliver when:
Today falls within the order's flight dates.
The line item competes for an ad call and wins.
Once a line item has started delivering valid, reportable impressions, the status of that line item will change from Ready to Delivering. It's important to note that the line item's status doesn't change as a result of the line item serving impressions that are filtered due to invalid activity.
If the status of your order hasn't yet changed from 'Approved' to 'Delivering,' simply wait a while and check again when you are more certain that the line item has served a valid, reportable impression.
Update periods for changes made in Ad Exchange
Changes to Ad Exchange rules and deals
It can take up to 4 hours for newly-created Ad Exchange rules/deals or changes to existing rules/deals to take effect.
Blocking advertiser URLs in Ad Exchange
Once you paste the advertiser site URLs into the Advertiser site list, it can take up to 4 hours for these URLs to be blocked from your pages, and ads with these URLs can appear in Creative review for up to 24 hours. If filtered ads are still appearing after 48 hours, please contact us.
- The line item status will be “Ready, Needs Creative” until we have reviewed the creative.
- We review ads every 60 minutes for Display & Video 360 users. For all other providers, we don't see the creative until the line item starts serving.
- Creative review is updated with new ads every 20 minutes.
- For ads that you've previously approved in Creative review, it may take up to 24 hours from the time you block a previously-approved ad before it stops showing on your pages.
- Ad updates should take effect on your pages within a few hours.
- Updates to ads or AdWords accounts that you've acted on in the past may take up to a day to take effect on your pages.