You can negotiate both Programmatic Guaranteed and Preferred Deal (non-guaranteed) campaigns with Programmatic Direct.
- Programmatic Guaranteed: You and the buyer negotiate a price and terms for inventory that's reserved (guaranteed) for that buyer. Inventory is designated only for that buyer at that price.
- Preferred Deal: You and the buyer negotiate a price and terms for inventory that the buyer can optionally bid on. The buyer has an initial, or "preferred," opportunity to bid at the negotiated price when there's an ad request for the inventory. Preferred Deals are non-guaranteed because:
- The inventory negotiated isn't reserved for the buyer—you can opt to reserve it in a guaranteed campaign for a better price
- Buyers aren't required to secure the inventory.
Line item type determines rate type and the kind of campaign you want to negotiate. Quantity entered varies based on the campaign type you're negotiating.
- Proposals can contain Programmatic Guaranteed proposal line items (Standard or Sponsorship) or Preferred Deal (non-guaranteed) proposal line items, but not both.
- If there’s more than one Preferred Deal targeting the same inventory at the same
CPM rate, and they’re eligible for the same ad request, Ad Manager chooses the winning buyer randomly.
|Line item and rate type||Campaign type||Quantity entered|
(Display & Video 360 only)
Billing threshold per day
Billing threshold is the minimum impressions that must be exceeded each calendar date for you to earn revenue on any given day of delivery. A calendar date is 12:00 am to 11:59 PM (in the publisher's time zone) on a given day of delivery.
A campaign must deliver at least one impression above minimum, even if it serves only part of the calendar date. If the campaign fails to deliver this minimum:
Billing threshold protects advertisers against paying CPD flat fees for line items that fail to meet an agreed minimum.
(Display & Video 360 and other demand-side platforms that have integrated)
Represented as a negotiation field on the deal. This limit specifies the maximum lifetime number of impressions on the sponsorship the buyer is willing to pay for.
The scheduled quantity of impressions reserved for the buyer under the dates and terms of a specific campaign
|Preferred Deal CPM||Non-guaranteed||
Impression value that reflects the estimated delivery for the lifetime of a Preferred Deal line item. This value does not affect ad serving and can be used to monitor and troubleshoot delivery for preferred deals.