You can pause and resume all the corresponding line items of a programmatic proposal or pause proposal line items individually. Similarly, the buyer can pause or resume delivery. You can also make an agreement with a buyer that neither party will pause a proposal.
- When either party pauses, corresponding Ad Manager line items stop delivery immediately.
- Only the party that pauses delivery can resume delivery again.
- Ensure you have the "Edit sales proposals" permission in order to pause and resume corresponding line items.
- To resume a deal, it's the proposal line item that must be unpaused (not the line item under the order).
You and the buyer can agree that neither party will pause a proposal or proposal line item once it’s delivering. It’s helpful to both publishers and buyers to make this agreement because it:
- Sets clear expectations about whether you want to allow pausing.
- Acts as a reminder to not pause unnecessarily.
Additionally, pausing proposals or proposal line items can cause under-delivery:
- If the buyer pauses, the publisher’s inventory remains reserved, while the buyer isn’t bidding.
- If the publisher pauses, the buyer doesn’t receive callouts and potentially won’t spend all of their advertising budget.
If delivery pausing is disabled, the buyer and publisher will still have the ability to pause, but doing so would infringe the proposal’s agreement.
- Navigate to SalesProposals.
- Click New proposal.
- Under “Delivery pausing,” move the slider to Disabled if you want to make an agreement to not pause the proposal.
- Complete the remaining proposal settings and click Add proposal line item or Save.
Pause all corresponding line items in a proposal
- Click Sales Proposals All proposals or My proposals.
- Find the desired proposal and click on its name.
- From the More actions menu at the top of the proposal details, click Pause proposal delivery.
- In the "Pause proposal delivery" pop-up, add a comment that describes the reason for pausing.
- Click Pause.
To resume all line items, navigate to the same More actions menu and click Resume proposal delivery.
An email notification is sent whenever you or the buyer pause or resume a proposal.
Pause a proposal line item
When you pause a proposal line item, the underlying line item is paused. This stops delivery of the line item.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Sales Proposals.
- In the table, click the name of the proposal that has the proposal line item you want to pause.
- Do one of the following::
- In the table, select the checkbox next to the proposal line item you want to pause and then click Pause above the table.
- In the table, click the name of the proposal line item you want to pause. Click the 3 blue dots above the page and select Pause from the dropdown.
- In the “Pause delivery” pop-up, add a comment that describes the reason for pausing.
This comment is visible to buyers in their user interface.
- Click Pause.
To resume a proposal line item, repeat steps 1 through 3 above. In steps 4 and 6, click Resume instead of Pause.
An email notification is sent to the other party when you or the buyer pause or resume a proposal line item.