In order for Ad Manager to be able to serve video on demand (VOD) content with ads, Ad Manager needs to ingest the video content itself for Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI).
Create a content source
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Video Content sources New content source.
- Complete the following:
- Name: The source name you choose here is for display only.
- Type: Ad Manager currently supports MRSS and Brightcove feed types for DAI sources.
- Enter the URL of a paginated feed that contains all of your videos, with no more than 100 videos per page. The DAI MRSS feed specification is identical to the traditional Video Solutions MRSS specification, but there are some additional fields for DAI. You can see sample feeds for DAI.
Select the authentication type for this URL. If you choose the "Basic authentication" type, enter the username and password.
- Select your sync rule, which determines how often Ad Manager performs a sync with your content source:
Activate Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI). Once activated, additional fields appear.
- Enter the master ad tag. Learn how to create an ad tag for DAI.
- Choose whether or not to activate server-side tracking (also known as Server-Side Beaconing, or SSB) on your streams. If you plan to serve mid-roll ads, then you cannot activate SSB. Learn more about support and limitations for Server-Side Beaconing versus the IMA SDK.
- If you provide subtitles in your MRSS feed, then you can require subtitles.
- If you intend to serve mid-rolls ads in your video content, activate mid-roll conditioning. Mid-rolls can only be served in video players that use the IMA SDK.
Activate relative playlist URLs (relative to the delivery prefix in your CDN configuration).
Supported for HLS only.
- Activate DAI authentication keys as a security measure to authenticate stream requests. The keys can be used alone or with your external CDN authentication.
Configure the CDN ingest and delivery settings for this content.
Supported for HLS only.
- Activate ingest error notifications to to receive email notifications.
- Activate Allowed IP access to allow specific IP addresses to access this content source, regardless of blocked geographic regions.
- Click Save.
Once you save, you cannot modify a content source's URL or activate/deactivate Dynamic ad insertion. If you save a content source containing errors, you need to set up a new content source to make corrections.
If Ad Manager encounters an issue while ingesting content from the defined MRSS feed URL, an email is sent to any active user with the "Receive ingestion error notifications for video content with dynamic ad insertion" user role permission.
For any issues related to DAI troubleshooting or outages, contact publisher support.