DAI Pod Serving is a beta intended for advanced Ad Manager publishers and video technology partners who either have an in-house manifest manipulation service or are currently using third-party manifest manipulation that's already integrated with DAI. Contact your account manager for details.
|See the DAI Pod Serving developer documentation for SDK & API configurations and examples. Available for HTML5, Android, iOS, tvOS, DAI API, and Chromecast.|
How Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) works
Dynamic Ad Insertion is a server-side ad-insertion technology that enables a seamless, personalized ad experience at scale. It does so by managing the following:
- Ad pod building: Requests video ads and unifies them into an ad pod, or commercial break.
- Creative conditioning: Transcodes every video creative in advance to meet the format and delivery requirements of each device.
- Manifest manipulation: Inserts video ad pods by "stitching" them into content to create a single, seamless video stream in real time.
Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI)
With Dynamic Ad Insertion, partners send their video content to DAI, where it manages all three processes—ad pod building, creative conditioning, and manifest manipulation.
DAI Pod Serving
With DAI Pod Serving, partners no longer need to send their content to DAI. Instead, DAI Pod Serving manages only ad pod building and creative conditioning, and provides ready-to-stitch ad pods that can be inserted into the manifest by a partner's first- or third-party streaming solution.
Pod Serving gives ownership of the manifest back to the partner, offering more flexibility and control over their end-to-end streaming workflow and manifest manipulation process.
Compare Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) architecture to DAI Pod Serving
Set up DAI Pod Serving
To set up DAI Pod Serving, you'll need to:
- Configure your in-house or third-party manifest manipulator to recieve and stitch the ad pods
- Configure playback
DAI Pod Serving requirements and restrictions
- Currently available for HLS live streams (on the roadmap for VOD and DASH streams)
- IMA SDK together with Pod Serving is supported on HTML5, Android, iOS, tvOS (on the roadmap for Roku and Chromecast)
- The DAI API can be used on other platforms
- Server-side beaconing is supported on platforms without the IMA SDK/DAI API
Compare DAI player implementation types.