These types of user messages can be created in Privacy & messaging. This list will be expanded to include other message types in future updates.
This message type is displayed to eligible users from the European Economic Area (EEA) & UK (United Kingdom) to help with consent gathering for the General Data Protection Regulation for ad serving purposes.
About the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Affected regions: EEA and the UK
- Description: The GDPR is a European data protection law that came into effect in May 2018. It was designed to protect the personal data of users in the European Economic Area and applies to all ad requests and pageviews generated by users in the EEA or the UK. There are several ways to obtain consent from users who are in the affected regions, including the Privacy & messaging in Ad Manager.
This message type is displayed to eligible users from the United States to help with consent gathering for the California Consumer Privacy Act for ad serving purposes.
About the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Affected regions: California, USA
- Description: The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a new data privacy law that establishes various rights for California state residents. The law applies to companies that do business in California and meet one of several criteria related to revenue, data processing, and other factors. CCPA requires giving residents the right to opt out of the “sale” of their “personal information” (as the law defines those terms), with the opt-out offered via a prominent “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on the “selling” party’s homepage. CCPA does recognize certain exceptions to the definition of “sale,” such that not all transfers of personal information are “sales.” For example, transferring personal information to a “service provider” under the law is not a sale.
IDFA messages are displayed to iOS users who need to opt-in to allow use of IDFA in accordance with Apple's App Tracking Transparency (ATT) guidelines.
About IDFA and ATT
- Affected users: iOS users with iOS 14+ installed on their Apple devices
- Description:IDFA (Identifier for Advertisers) is an Apple iOS feature that identifies a user's mobile device. Users are required to explicitly give permission in order to use the IDFA. Adding the
AppTrackingTransparencypermission to your apps adds an ATT alert (the “iOS ATT alert,” for short) that asks users to allow access to and use of identifiers like IDFA. You can use Privacy & messaging to show your users an IDFA message immediately before the iOS ATT alert. IDFA explainer messages give users more context and help them understand what their data might be used for.