Control how your activity across the web is saved & used
When you sign in to your Google Account, you might see a message that says "Some new features for your Google Account."
This message gives you the option to turn on some settings for your account:
- Web & App Activity, including Chrome browsing history and activity from websites and apps that use Google services
- Ads Personalization, including on websites and apps that partner with Google to show ads
What these settings do
- Make it easier for you to see and control activity that's saved to your account and how it's used
- Let Google use this activity to show you more relevant ads on our services and on websites and apps that partner with us
- Apply on all browsers and devices where we see that you're signed in to your Google Account
Note: These settings might not be available for all accounts, like if you're using an account through your work, school, or other group. Learn more about where ads settings apply.
Step 1: Turn on Web & App Activity settings
- Open Activity controls in your Google Account. You might need to sign in.
- Turn on Web & App Activity. Confirm by selecting Turn on.
- Check the box next to "Include Chrome browsing history and activity from websites and apps that use Google services." Confirm by selecting Turn on.
Step 2: Turn on Ads Personalization setting
- Open Ads Settings in your Google Account.
- Turn on Ads Personalization. Confirm by selecting Turn on.
Change or turn off Web & App Activity settings
Learn how to change or turn off your Web & App Activity settings.
Change or turn off Ads Personalization settings
You can change where you see personalized ads or stop Google from using your activity to personalize ads.
Note: If you turn off these settings, you'll still see ads by Google, but they might not be as relevant.
- Open Ads Settings in your Google Account. You might need to sign in.
- Turn off Ads Personalization. Confirm by selecting Turn off.
Changes you might notice
When these settings are turned on:
- You'll see more of your activity in your Google Account. My Activity is a central place where you can view and manage your saved activity.
- The ads you see across the web will be more tailored to you. You won't get more ads—you'll just see ones that might be more relevant.
See & control activity in your account
View your saved activity
Control what activity gets saved
Details about activity & ads
How your activity improves your experience on Google
Information about your activity helps us make our services faster, smarter, and more useful. For example, when you let Google know your location, you won't get ads for stores in other regions.
This information comes from:
- Our own services, like Search, Maps, and YouTube
- Your visits to websites and apps that partner with us
Turning on the Web & App Activity and Ads Personalization settings puts more of your activity in a central place, where you can view and manage it.
What "websites & apps that partner with Google" means
This description refers to websites and apps that use Google services, like advertising and analytics tools.
As you use these websites and apps, your browser or device might send certain information to Google. This information can include:
- The web address of the page you're visiting
- Your IP address
- Cookies from the website or Google
- (On mobile apps) The app's name and what ads have shown up in other apps