Canceling your Gmail address
If you decide that you don't need your Gmail address anymore, here's how you can remove Gmail from your Google Account:
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Scroll down to the "Account management" box.
- Click Delete products.
- Click Remove Gmail permanently.
I can’t sign in
You need to be able to sign in in order to delete your Gmail address. Click here to recover access to your account.
I am using Gmail offline
If you use Gmail offline, you'll also need to delete cookies associated with Gmail offline to remove your account completely. In Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Type chrome://settings/cookies into your address bar and press Enter.
- Search for mail.google.com.
- Hover over the search results and click the X that appears.
I want to retrieve my deleted account
If you delete your Gmail account but wish to have it back, we work to help you recover your deleted account whenever possible. However, within a few weeks' time, the account’s data may no longer be retrievable.