Change how you get verification codes
When you sign up for 2-Step Verification, you’ll be asked if you’d like to get your verification codes by text message or voice call. However, you can always switch between the two options if you change your mind later.
- Go to your Google Account. You might need to sign in.
- Under "Sign-in & security," select Signing in to Google.
- Choose 2-Step Verification.
- Under "Voice or text message," next to a phone number, select Edit .
- At the bottom, select Change Phone.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
Under "Set up alternative second step," you can choose other ways to get verification codes.