Change how you get verification codes
When you sign up for 2-Step Verification, you’ll be asked if you’d like to get your verification codes by text message or voice call. However, you can always switch between the two options if you change your mind later.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device's Settings app Google Google Account.
- At the top, tap Security.
- Under "Signing in to Google," tap 2-Step Verification.
- Under "Voice or text message," next to a phone number, tap Edit .
- At the bottom, tap Change Phone.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
Under "Set up alternative second step," you can choose other ways to get verification codes.