View your data and account activity in the Google Dashboard
You can see your data and information about how you've used Google’s products by visiting the Google Dashboard. You can get to the settings of most Google products you use from there and can use it to check for suspicious activity on your account.Review account activity
You can see an overview of when you last used a product and what you did with it by clicking on that product’s name in the dashboard. A section will expand to show your most recent activity on the product, such as the last email you read in the Gmail section or the last search you did in the Web & App Activity section.
Some products will also include a summary of how you’ve used that product over the last 28 days. For example, if you use Calendar, you can see who you’ve most met over the last four weeks. 28 day account activity is available for the following products:
- Web and App Activity
The dashboard provides links to pages where you can manage the settings for a product. For example, you can delete your Web & App Activity. To change the settings for a product:
- Go to the Google Dashboard.
- Click the name of the product whose settings you’d like to edit.
- Choose the product you’d like to manage by clicking on the link to the right of each product.
Note: Your Google Dashboard focuses on the most popular products that you use when you're signed in to your Google Account. It only shows data that you generate or that Google records that's specifically associated with your Google Account.
To help protect your Google Account, we recommend you review your Recent Activity to make sure you remember taking the actions listed. You can also check parts of your dashboard for signs of suspicious activity like:
- Access from an unusual geographic location
- Access from a computer, device, or browser that you do not use
- Unknown browsers listed
- A sudden and dramatic increase in the number of emails sent
If you notice anything suspicious and you still have access to your account, follow the steps to secure your account. If you don't have access to your account, follow the steps listed here to try to recover your account.
You can sign up to receive a monthly email reminder to visit your dashboard:
- Sign in to My Account.
- In the “Personal info & privacy” section, select Manage your Google activity.
- Select Google Dashboard.
- Check the box at the top of the page to “Send me monthly reminders to check my account activity.”
Ashley is an Accounts expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about how to improve it.