Google Meet automatically switches the layout in a video meeting to display the most active content and participants. If you join a meeting on a computer, you can switch to a different layout if you want.
- Auto—Allows Meet to choose the layout for you.
- Tiled—Shows up to 16 people when there is no presentation.
- Move your mouse to see participant names.
- If a new person joins after the meeting starts, they are added to the bottom of the screen.
- Presentations are shown in a large tile, with the most active participants to the side.
- Spotlight—The presentation, active speaker, or pinned feed fills the window.
- Sidebar—You see the active speaker or presentation with additional participants on the side.
- Join a video meeting on a computer..
- In the lower-right corner of the Meet screen, click More Change layout.
- In the Change layout box, select the layout that you want to use on your computer.
Tip: Click a participant's image to pin them to the screen.