You can turn synchronization on or off for a specific product within Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO). This action allows you to control which products sync within GWSMO.
Note: You can also turn sync on or off for a specific product through the Microsoft Windows registry. Learn more
Turn sync on or off
Click GWSMO in your Microsoft Windows taskbar notification area.
- The GWSMO icon appears in the notification area, typically next to the clock. This area has been known historically as the system tray. From here, you can open the GWSMO settings.
- If you cannot find the icon, it might be automatically hidden within the overflow area. To view all icons, click the up arrow on the taskbar.
- Note: The icon only appears if GWSMO is running.
- Select Turn sync modules on/off.
- In the Turn sync modules on/off pop-up, check the box beside each data type you want to sync. Each data type is checked by default.
Note: Data types turned off by administrators are unavailable and are marked with the status "(turned off by admin)".
Click OKOK to close the pop-up.
To begin importing your data, go to Import your Outlook data later.
If you experience problems when using GWSMO, you can try to resync your data.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.