If, when using G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GSSMO), you notice any problems with your data in Outlook, such as missing emails or calendar events, try repairing your local profile by synchronizing again with the cloud. You can resync your Google Contacts, Google Calendar, Google Mail, or other data.
If you delete and resync your calendars, GSSMO might start syncing different calendars than before. If this happens, just select which calendars you want to sync. For details, see view and manage your calendars. If you delete and resync your personal contacts, empty Contact folders are removed from Outlook so you'll need to recreate them.
Note: A resync can take a long time and consume significant bandwidth.
Resync your data
- Click the GSSMO icon in your Windows taskbar.
- The GSSMO icon appears in your taskbar, typically next to the clock. From here you can access the GSSMO settings.
- If you don't see the GSSMO icon, it might be automatically hidden by Windows. Click the small white up arrow on the taskbar to show all icons.
- Note: The GSSMO icon will only appear if GSSMO is running.
- Choose View sync status.
- In the Synchronization Status dialog, click Re-sync next to Google Contacts, Google Calendar, Google Mail, or whatever data you want to resync.
- In the re-sync dialog that opens, select one of the following options:
- Overwrite—Overwrites your local profile with data from Google, updating just the data type you selected (for example, Google Contacts, Google Calendar, Google Mail, etc.). This option preserves Outlook-specific data such as follow-up flags, color categories, and distribution lists. Try this option first, to see if it fixes your problem.
- Delete and re-sync—Deletes local data from your Outlook profile, then resyncs with the cloud to repopulate your local profile with data from Google. Applies only to the data type selected (for example, Google Contacts, Google Calendar, Google Mail, etc.). Choose this option only after trying the Overwrite option.
Note: The delete and re-sync option removes Outlook-specific data from your local profile. This includes all data that isn't stored by Google, such as follow-up flags, color categories, calendar attachments, distribution lists (if you resync your contacts), and more. However, it does so only for the data type you're syncing. You can therefore repair your calendars without losing mail categories, or repair your mail without losing distribution lists from your contacts. For details on what isn't synced with Google, and would therefore be lost when using this option, see What's synchronized between Outlook and G Suite?
- Click Re-sync.
You can continue to work during the resync. Messages are delivered immediately. Incoming messages appear in your Inbox after the resync is complete.
Google, G Suite, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.