This article only applies to G Suite customers. Learn more about G Suite.
Android Device Policy enforces your organization’s security policies on your device to protect corporate data and make it more secure.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow or later device that supports a work profile
- Signing in to your G Suite account on your device
What your admin can do with Android Device Policy
Your admin can set the following security policies:
- Device password strength and required length
- Number for the following items:
- Invalid passwords allowed before the device is wiped
- Recently expired passwords that are blocked
- Days before a device password expires
- Idle minutes before a device automatically locks
- Days device has not synced before wiping
- Application auditing
- Remotely wipe a company-owned device
- Blocking of security-compromised devices
Your admin can also configure Wi-Fi networks and manage network access certificates. They might choose to hide a network's details so that only users who have the network name and password can connect to it.
Where to find the device policy app
Android Device Policy doesn’t have an app icon. If needed, you can access the app in your device settings at Settings Google Device Policy.