Access G Suite from an Android device
This article applies only for G Suite customers. Learn more about G Suite.
To use the native G Suite mail, contacts, and calendar apps on your Android, you need to sign in to your G Suite account. Instructions below are for users with a Nexus or Google Play edition device running Android 4.2 or higher. If you're using a different device, your setup instructions may vary. You only have to do this once:
- Touch the Settings > Accounts > Add account > Google to add your G Suite account.
- Select Existing and enter your full G Suite email address as your username and your password.
- Touch OK to agree to the Terms of Service. The device will sign in to your domain. This process may take a few minutes.
Additional steps for 2-step verification users:
After you enter your username and password, a new page appears saying Couldn't sign in. This is likely because you have 2-step verification enabled for your account.
- Touch Next to sign-in via the browser on your device.
- Enter your username and password in the window that appears.
- Enter your 2-step verification code.
- You may be presented with additional steps giving you the option to join Google+, opt in to Google Play communications, or set up a credit card to purchase Google Play media. You can choose to set these up or touch Not now.
- After completing these steps, you should see Account sign-in successful. You can choose which services you want to sync to the device.
That's it! You can now use G Suite from your Android. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want to use.
And going forward, you can change which services can sync with G Suite on your device at any time by going to Settings > Google > touch your account. If a service you've selected isn't syncing, check with your administrator to make sure that that service has been enabled for your domain.If you're using a prior version of Android, use these instructions instead:
Open the Accounts & sync Settings screen on your device. You can do this in Contacts by pressing Menu and pressing Accounts, or directly in the Settings application.
The Accounts & sync settings screen displays your current sync settings and a list of your current accounts.
- Touch Add account.
- Touch Google to add your G Suite account.
- Touch Sign in when prompted for your Google Account.
- Enter your full G Suite email address as your username, and then enter your password.
- Select which services you'd like to sync.
That's it! You can now use G Suite from your Android. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want to use, from your device's home or applications screen.