After you set up Chrome, start browsing the web.
In this section, you learn how to:
Use the address bar like a search box to look for content. You can also search for a specific word or phrase on a web page.
Search the web:
Search a web page:
- In Chrome browser, at the top right, click More New Tab or New Window.
- (Optional) To move a tab:
- Drag it outside the existing window or into a new window.
- Drag it to a different position in the window.
- Learn more about using tabs.
From Chrome browser, you can run Google Workspace apps, such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
Open an app:
- In Chrome browser, open a new tab.
- Choose an option:
- At the top right, click the App Launcher the app you want to open.
- In the address bar, enter chrome://apps and press Enter. Then, click the app you want to open.
Remove an app:
- Go to the Google Workspace Marketplace and sign in with your Google Account.
- On the left, click Manage Apps.
- You'll see a list of administrator-installed apps and any apps you installed.
- Locate the app you want to delete and click ManageRemove.
In Chrome browser, you can add extensions to tailor Chrome to your needs or preferences. Add extensions, such as project-management tools and photo editors, from the Chrome Web Store.
Add an extension:
- Open the Chrome Web Store.
- On the left, click Extensions and find the extension you want.
- Click + Add to Chrome.
- Some extensions might need certain permissions or data. To approve, click Add extension.
- To the right of your address bar, click the extension to open it.
Note: Your organization might block some extensions. For help, ask your IT administrator.
Manage an extension:
- At the top right, click More More Tools Extensions.
- Choose an option:
- Turn an extension on or off—On the extension, select On or Off.
- Allow incognito—On the extension, click Details. Go to the Allow in incognito section and select On.
- Fix corrupted extensions—Find the extension and click Repair. Click Repair extension again to confirm.
Remove an extension:
- To the right of your address bar, right-click the extension and select Remove from Chrome.
- If you don't see the extension next to the address bar:
- Click More More ToolsExtensions.
- On the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
- Click Remove again to confirm.
To save a file or image on your computer or device, download it. The file saves in your default download location.
Download a file:
- In Chrome browser, go to the webpage where you want to download the file.
- For most files, you click the download link or right-click the file and select Save as.
- Sometimes, how you save a file depends on the file type:
- Images—Right-click the image and select Save Image As.
- Videos—Point to the video. Click Download . If this action isn’t available, the video's owner or hosting site doesn’t allow downloads.
- PDFs—Right-click the file and select Save Link As.
- Webpages—At the top right, click MoreMore ToolsSave Page As.
- Downloads appear at the bottom of the Chrome browser window. Click the download to open it.
- (Optional) To find a downloaded file on your computer, next to the filename, click the Down arrow Show in folder, or More Show in Finder. You can also see downloaded files on your Downloads page.
Change your download location:
- In Chrome browser, at the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Go to the Downloads section and choose an option:
- To change the default download location for all files, click Change and select where you want to save your files.
- To choose a specific location for each download, check the Ask where to save each file before downloading box.
With Chrome browser, you can print from your computer or mobile device.
Use a printer:
- In Chrome browser, open the page, image, or file you want to print.
- Choose an option:
- On a computer—Click More Print. Or, use the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl + p (Windows & Linux), or ⌘ + p (Mac).
- On a mobile device—Click MoreSharePrint.
- Select the destination and change any print settings you want.
- Click Print.
Use Google Cloud Print:
With Google Cloud Print, you can print from any device to a cloud-connected printer. Learn more about using Google Cloud Print.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.