Import settings from another browser
If you've used a different browser, like Internet Explorer or Safari, you can import your settings into Chrome. Depending on the browser used, your settings can include the following info:
- browsing history
- default homepage
- default search engines
- saved passwords
Add settings to Chrome
- On your computer, close any other browsers that are open.
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click Bookmarks Import bookmarks and settings.
- Choose the browser with the settings you want to import.
- If the application you've used isn't listed, export your bookmarks as an HTML file and import the HTML file.
- Click Import.
How bookmarks are imported
If you didn't have any bookmarks in Chrome, the imported bookmarks appear in the bookmarks bar.
If you already had bookmarks in Chrome, the imported bookmarks are added to the "Other bookmarks" folder at the end of the bookmarks bar.
Learn more about using the bookmarks bar.
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.