Want advanced Google Workspace features for your business?
On this page
- Open your Tasks app
- Add a task and give it a due date
- Drag a task to reorder it
- Update a task or its due date
- Mark a task complete
- View your completed tasks
- Delete a task
Tip: In Gmail spaces, you can create, assign, edit, complete, and delete group tasks.
Note: If you can’t access Tasks, contact your administrator.
In Tasks, each task goes in a list. To start, there's a default list that you can add tasks to.
Adding a due date and time adds the task to your calendar:
- To repeat a task, next to “Date/time,” click Repeat . Tasks with subtasks can't repeat.
- In Google Calendar, a certain number of upcoming instances of a repeating task will appear on the calendar grid, and as time passes, new ones will be added automatically.
- Go to Gmail, Calendar, Chat, Drive, or a file in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- On the right, click Tasks .
- Click the task you want to change.
- Change the task info.
- If you want to change the date and time of the next repeating task in a series, click the date.
- To edit the date and time for all tasks, at the bottom, click the repetition info.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.