See who's editing a Microsoft Office file
Drive File Stream only
Avoid version conflicts when you’re editing Microsoft® Office® files. With real-time presence, you can see if someone else is editing a Microsoft® Word®, Excel®, or PowerPoint® file that’s stored in Drive File Stream.
See who's editing an Office file
Merge different versions
If someone saves a new version while you’re editing, you can merge your changes into the latest version.
- In the shared Office file, at the bottom, click Preview.
- Copy changes from your version (on the left) to the latest version (on the right).
- Click Save.
Your unsaved version on the left is removed.
Change system permissions on a Mac
- On your Mac, open System PreferencesSecurity & PrivacyPrivacyAccessibility.
- At the bottom, click the lock to make changes.
- Next to Drive File Stream, check the box.
Turn off real-time presence
Real-time presence is automatically turned on. To turn it off:
- On your computer, click the Drive File Stream Menu .
- Click More Preferences.
- Under Real time presence in Microsoft Office, uncheck the box.
- Click Done.