Drive File Stream only
Avoid version conflicts when you’re editing Microsoft Office files. With real-time presence, you can see if someone else is editing a Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file that’s stored in Drive File Stream.
See who's editing an Office file
Merge different versions
If someone saves a new version while you’re editing, you can merge your changes into the latest version.
- In the shared Office file, at the bottom, click Preview.
- Copy changes from your version (on the left) to the latest version (on the right).
- Click Save.
Your unsaved version on the left is removed.
Change system permissions on a Mac
- On your Mac, open System PreferencesSecurity & PrivacyPrivacyAccessibility.
- At the bottom, click the lock to make changes.
- Next to Drive File Stream, check the box.
Turn off real-time presence
Real-time presence is automatically turned on. To turn it off:
- On your computer, click the Drive File Stream Menu .
- Click More Preferences.
- Under Real time presence in Microsoft Office, uncheck the box.
- Click Done.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.