Add access to Google Apps on an Android device
0This article applies only for Google Apps customers. Learn more about Google Apps.
To use the native Google Apps mail, contacts, and calendar apps on your Android, you need to sign in to your Google Apps account. Instructions below are for users with a Nexus or Google Play edition device running Android 4.2 or higher. If you're using a different device, your setup instructions may vary. You only have to do this once:
- Touch the Settings > Accounts > Add account > Google to add your Google Apps account.
- Select Existing and enter your full Google Apps email address as your username and your password.
- Touch OK to agree to the Terms of Service. The device will sign in to your domain. This process may take a few minutes.
Additional steps for 2-step verification users:
After you enter your username and password, a new page appears saying Couldn't sign in. This is likely because you have 2-step verification enabled for your account.
- Touch Next to sign-in via the browser on your device.
- Enter your username and password in the window that appears.
- Enter your 2-step verification code.
- You may be presented with additional steps giving you the option to join Google+, opt in to Google Play communications, or set up a credit card to purchase Google Play media. You can choose to set these up or touch Not now.
- After completing these steps, you should see Account sign-in successful. You can choose which services you want to sync to the device.
That's it! You can now use Google Apps from your Android. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want to use.
And going forward, you can change which services can sync with Google Apps on your device at any time by going to Settings > Google > touch your account. If a service you've selected isn't syncing, check with your administrator to make sure that that service has been enabled for your domain.If you're using a prior version of Android, use these instructions instead:
Open the Accounts & sync Settings screen on your device. You can do this in Contacts by pressing Menu and pressing Accounts, or directly in the Settings application.
The Accounts & sync settings screen displays your current sync settings and a list of your current accounts.
- Touch Add account.
- Touch Google to add your Google Apps account.
- Touch Sign in when prompted for your Google Account.
- Enter your full Google Apps email address as your username, and then enter your password.
- Select which services you'd like to sync.
That's it! You can now use Google Apps from your Android. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want to use, from your device's home or applications screen.